Customers are increasingly demanding their vendors obtain certification from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Many certifications — ISO 9001:2008 (quality management systems), ISO 14001:2004 (environmental management), among others — are often a contractual or regulatory requirement when providing service to government agencies.
If you’ve been through this process or are currently pursuing it, you may already be familiar with calibration requirements involved. The ISO website lists over 250 standards specifically involving calibration across industries, ranging from calibration standards on nuclear materials to pharmaceuticals. Here’s a sampling:
- ISO 18213: Nuclear Fuel Technology – tank calibration for nuclear materials accountancy
- ISO 17511: In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices – measurement of quantities in biological samples – metrological traceability of values assigned to calibrators and control materials
- ISO 17511: Hydraulic Fluid Power – calibration of automatic particle counters for liquids
- ISO 15195: Laboratory Medicine – requirements for reference measurement laboratories
- ISO 6144: Gas Analysis – preparation of calibration gas mixtures
We encourage you to make Alliance Scale your trusted partner in meeting ISO certification and calibration standards and obtaining your ISO certification. We can send a rep to your site to ensure standards are met, then provide supporting calibration documents where required for ISO certification. We provide calibration certificates and calibration reports. All our standards are traceable to the National Bureau of Standards.
Contact us to discuss how we can assist with your ISO certification and calibration needs.